Liposuction procedures are gaining traction among people of all age groups, especially those aged 35-64. According to a report from Future Market Insights, the global liposuction market is expected to record a CAGR of 6.8% from 2022 to 2032, and reach an estimated market value of around US$ 9.1 Bn in 2032. Advancements in technologies facilitate quick and easy fat removal, reduce strain on the patient and surgeon, and decrease pain and recovery time. Minimally-invasive laser liposuction in NYC is a popular option among men and women looking to enhance body contour without surgery.
According to the report, the main factors contributing to the growth in the global liposuction market are –
- Increasing prevalence of obesity and unwanted body fat
- Growing awareness about the benefits of liposuction surgery
- Increased adoption of new technology
- Growth in minimally invasive procedures with advancements in control systems
The report lists the factors restraining market growth as: anesthesia risks; contour irregularities such as uneven fat removal, low skin elasticity, and unusual healing, often resulting in bumpy, wavy, or withered skin.
Liposuction Market Segmentation
The market is segmented on the basis of procedure type, anatomy, end user, and region.
By procedure type, the market is categorized into Manual Liposuction, Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction, Power-Assisted Liposuction, and Laser-Guided Liposuction. Power-assisted liposuction accounted for 41.5% market value share in 2021 and is expected to display a CAGR growth of 8.5% over the forecast period. Power-assisted liposuction procedures play an important role in fat grafting.
Laser-guided liposuction is done using FDA approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation. This minimally invasive procedure involves using laser energy to liquefy unwanted fat and suctioning it off gently, without affecting the surrounding tissues. This laser workstation features three unique laser wavelengths (1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm) that can be used in single or blended mode.
By anatomy, the market is divided into – Abdomen, Upper arms, Buttocks, Calves and ankles, Chest and back, Hips and thighs, and Chin and neck. Here, the abdomen segment led the market with around 31.0% of share in 2021, and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. With advancements in technology, abdomen liposuction is helping men and women get rid of stubborn abdominal body fat and achieve a trim, well-shaped midsection. For instance, laser-assisted abdominal liposuction in Manhattan, NYC can provide excellent outcomes for the right candidates.
End-users of the market are – Hospital Setting, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Clinics. Plastic surgery and cosmetic clinics are in the lead with a valuation of US$ 2.8 Bn in 2021 and are expected to display growth with a CAGR rate of 7.0% during the forecast period. The growth is propelled by the increasing number of inpatient admission rates globally for cosmetic procedures, and several departmental services being provided at a single spot which is specific to the patients’ requirements.
By Region, the market is segmented into – North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and The Middle East and Africa (MEA). Key countries covered include U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, U.K, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Greece, France, BENELUX, NORDIC, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, GCC Countries, and South Africa.
- Latin America is predicted to be a leading region with a value share of 30.6% at the end of the forecast period on the back of growing medical tourism and availability of cost-effective cosmetic surgical procedures.
- The North America dominated the U.S., with a total market share of over 93.1% in 2021, and is projected to continue experiencing high growth throughout the forecast period. Growth in this region is driven by the rising adoption of aesthetics and a luxury lifestyle, which presents providers with a large patient pool with several diseases, including borderline obesity.
- In Europe, Germany is set to see a CAGR growth rate of about 3.3% market during the forecast period. Research & development activities and technological advancements in Germany will drive market growth.
- China is projected to display a CAGR of 8.6% throughout the forecast period, which is attributed to the rising advancements in liposuction methodologies and techniques.
Top companies profiled in the report are – SOLTA MEDICAL (Bausch Health Companies, Inc.), Cynosure Inc, Sciton Inc., Wells Johnsons Co, YOLO Medical, Apyx Medical, Alma Lasers, InMode Ltd, Genesis Biosystems, Hologic Inc., AbbVie Inc., Sciton Inc., Cynosure Inc., Human Med AG, and VCA Laser Technology Co. Ltd.