According to Grand View Research, the global liposuction surgery devices market size that was valued at USD 2.6 billion in 2021, is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.5% from 2022 to 2030. One of the main reasons for the growing popularity of liposuction is the availability of advanced FDA-approved devices like Smartlipo Triplex. Performed by expert surgeons, Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC is a safe and effective way to get rid of stubborn fat pockets from areas like the abdomen, face, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.
The key factors driving the growth of the surgery devices market are –
- growing beauty consciousness among the population in many countries
- increasing demand for liposuction procedures by both men and women
- increasing promotions across social media
- minimized health risks due to technological advancements
- non-invasive cosmetic procedures
- better results at reduced costs
- rising demand for liposuction surgery due to better and faster results over following healthy diets and exercises
- increasing technological enhancements in the field of liposuction
Unlike traditional fat suctioning techniques, advanced liposuction devices are now available that comes with power, laser, ultrasound, and radiofrequency (RF) technology. Each technology has its own set of advantages and complications. Increasing awareness about these advancements among surgeons as well as consumers is expected to contribute to the growth of the market for liposuction surgery devices.
The market is segmented on the basis of liposuction surgery devices product type, technology and region. By product type, the market is divided into portable and standalone liposuction surgery devices. The portable liposuction surgery devices segment is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 12.9% over the forecast period. Owing to the ease of use of these products, the segment held the largest share of about 61% in 2021. Reasonable rates and rising technological advancements, and growing awareness about the benefits offered by these devices are driving their demand. Due to the integration of multiple modalities in a compact system, these devices are predicted to gain significant popularity among surgeons across the globe.
- The laser-assisted liposuction (LAL) segment dominated the market with a 22% revenue share in 2021. Due to the increased adoption of the technology and its benefits such as a quick and effective way of removing body fat, this segment is predicted to continue leading over the forecast period. This minimally invasive liposuction procedure does not require a hospital stay for the patients and patients can return to normal life in a few days. Improved efficacy and safety features of laser-assisted liposuction are driving the growth of the segment.
- The ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) segment is expected to register a significant CAGR of 12.1% over the forecast period. Integration of ultrasound technology in modern lasers, benefits such as better aesthetic results and skin retraction, reduced fatigue, less blood loss, and less recovery time are anticipated to contribute to the growth of the overall market in the future years.
Geographically, the market is divided in to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA. Owing to the increased adoption of modern technologies and the presence of numerous industry players in the region, North America dominated the market with 36.14% of the revenue share in 2021. The rising demand for fat loss solutions due to the high prevalence of obesity and growing awareness for obesity and related health conditions is expected to drive the demand for liposuction surgery in this region.
Factors such as the increased awareness among people about the benefits of liposuction, increase in disposable income, and rising demand for targeted surgery within the fashion and film industry as well as medical tourism and the growing healthcare industry in the region are propelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific region. The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to register at a faster CAGR of 13.9% over the forecast period.
Some of the key market players mentioned in the report include Cynosure Inc.; Sciton Inc.; Wells Johnson Co; Invasix Ltd, Zeltiq aesthetics Inc, Alma Lasers, Solta Medical, InMode, Apyx Medical Corporation, Genesis Biosystems, Inc., and MicroAire Surgical Instruments, LLC.