Sagging upper arms are caused by the buildup of fat and loose skin and can be very embarrassing and uncomfortable when wearing suits, sleeveless shirts or fitted clothing. Excess upper arm fat tend to persist even with rigorous diet and strenuous exercise. When these strategies fail to work, liposuction on arms in Manhattan can provide the solution. Performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation, the procedure is a great option for those who are looking to achieve tighter, toned upper arms.
Smartlipo laser liposuction on arms is a minimally-invasive procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia, and is far less traumatic than conventional liposuction surgery. The procedure improves upper arm contour with minimal pain and downtime. It is a safe and effective way to get rid of excess fat and sagging skin from upper arms and achieve slimmer, attractive, shapely arms.
Regardless of whether your procedure is invasive or minimally-invasive, following your surgeon’s instructions on post-operative care is crucial for smooth recovery and optimal, long-lasting outcomes. Here are some post-operative care tips for arm liposuction Manhattan NYC:
- Take plenty of rest
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated.
- Take the pain medications prescribed by the plastic surgeons as it will help to manage pain, discomfort and tenderness in the area.
- Do not take aspirin or products containing aspirin unless prescribed by the plastic surgeon.
- Stop smoking and alcohol consumption as it can delay healing and cause complications
- Use cold compresses during the first 24-48 hours in the treatment area as it helps to deal with swelling. However, do not directly apply ice to the treated area.
- Avoid bending, lifting or straining the treated area until healing is complete.
- For optimal results after the procedure, wear a compression garment as instructed to reduce swelling
- Shower at least once a day. Keep the incisions clean and inspect for signs of infection on a daily basis.
- Make sure to keep the dressing in the incision area smooth and snug against the skin to minimize risks of contour irregularities and/or fluid collection formations.
- Regular massage during the recovery phase may help with the draining process and speed up the healing process.
- Start light walking soon after the procedure, as it will reduce swelling and minimize chances of blood clots.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and activities for 3-4 weeks.
- Avoid exposing the scars to the sun for at least 12 months.
- Do not drive until you have stopped taking pain medications. Arrange for someone to drive you home after the surgery.
- Keep your follow-up appointments to ensure that your recovery is progressing smoothly.
Liposuction on arms in Manhattan starts with the plastic surgeon numbing the treatment area with local anesthesia. A small incision is then made in the upper arm to insert the cannula of the Smartlipo device and laser energy is delivered directly to the fat cells, causing them to rupture safely. The liquefied fat cells are then gently suctioned off. The underlying supportive tissue is tightened and the skin is smoothed over the new, reshaped contour. This unique technology delivers the optimal levels of laser energy, allowing for better fat removal and enhanced tissue tightening. As the device is minimally-invasive, the procedure involves less downtime and recovery time than conventional liposuction. As only local anesthesia is required, laser liposuction can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Depending upon the job type, most patients can return to work within a few days after the liposuction on arms in Manhattan. Results may vary from patient to patient and one should have realistic expectations regarding the outcome. Also, as weight gain can affect the results, sticking to a healthy lifestyle after the procedure is crucial.
For safe and effective arm liposuction Manhattan, NYC, find an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has surgeons who are experts in using Smartlipo platform to perform the procedure. The right surgeon will provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals as well as guidance to support smooth, safe recovery.