One of the main instructions that plastic surgeons give patients who come in for Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC is to maintain a healthy diet before and after the treatment. If you are considering liposuction or any other plastic surgery procedure, you should know the importance of a nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle. This will pave the way for a smooth recovery and help preserve your results. The benefits of a nutritious diet before and after your procedure are:
- Helps in faster recovery
- Prevents nausea
- Supports the immune system
- Increases strength
- Boosts energy
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan will provide you with specific dietary instructions to follow before and after laser lipolysis.
Best Foods to eat Before and After Laser Liposuction Treatment
You should begin your healthy diet 1-2 weeks before the procedure. Kick-start it by eliminating unhealthy and processed items from you diet chart and adding fresh, natural foods. Let’s check out what you should eat before the treatment.
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries contain antioxidants and nutrients that are easily absorbed by the body and have vitamins that support healing.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Eat non-starchy, low-carbohydrate vegetables like asparagus, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, leeks, cauliflower, and broccoli. Avoid foods that contain carbohydrates like bread, pasta, and so on.
- Fresh fruits and vegetable: Add fruits and vegetable in your diet especially those which are abundant source of vitamin C. These work effectively to boost collagen production and will also support healing wound. Fresh fruits and vegetables are a storehouse of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, phytochemical and go a long way in maintaining your health through the recovery process.
- Leafy vegetables: Eat dark leafy vegetables like spinach, Swiss chard and so on as they are rich in nutrients and oxidants.
- Protein-rich foods: Include meat, fish, beans and eggs in your diet. These protein-rich foods can help build and repair muscle, skin, and other body tissues. Protein also helps address infection, balances body fluids, and provides oxygen throughout your body.
Using olive oil is recommended as it is anti-inflammatory fat and has proteins and magnesium which can boost immunity and decrease inflammation.
Patients are advised to stick to light foods like soup, porridge on the day after the surgery. After you resume your normal diet, you can include foods that contain amino acids, which help cell regeneration and protein-rich foods which help maintain the immune system, balance inflammatory response, and heal scars and repair skin.
Drink enough water and healthy fluids to stay hydrated and speed healing. As smoking and alcohol consumption can delay healing, stop at least 2 weeks before your procedure.
Pre- and Post-liposuction Diet – Dos and Don’ts
- Include enough protein – helps in building muscle and maintaining the immune system
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits – repairs muscle, cartilage and bones
- Include whole grain – helps combat stress
- Exclude sugar, caffeine and alcohol – causes stress and slows recovery
- Include enough fiber: maintains bowel movement
- Include calcium: strengthens the bones
- Take vitamin C: helps in wound healing
During your first consultation for laser liposuction in NYC, discuss your medical history, allergies and medications with your surgeon. Ask about the best diet plan to follow before and after Smartlipo laser liposuction in New York City.