People who struggle with excess fat pockets that are resistant to strenuous diet and exercises can opt to have liposuction in New York City. This minimally invasive laser liposuction procedure removes stubborn fat and results in a well-shaped body, with benefits like short downtime and quick recovery.
One of the common concerns among patients is whether the fat will return after liposuction surgery. While liposuction removes fat cells permanently, it is possible for the fat to return if you gain weight after the treatment. It’s important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent the build-up of unwanted fat and stop weight gain in the years following surgery. Here are some strategies that can help maintain your liposuction results:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Making small changes to your lifestyle can make a big difference when it comes to avoiding weight gain after lipolysis. A healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and routine exercise is the most practical way to stop weight gain and keep body fat off.
- Regular exercise: Regular physical activity can prevent weight gain. There are many options for exercising such as joining a gym, going for a walk, jogging, and aerobics and so on. You should try out as many different workouts as you need until you find one that feels right and works for you. After the procedure, your surgeon will advise you to avoid strenuous exercise for few weeks. Make sure that you follow your plastic surgeon’s advice on how and what exercise is permissible. Start off slowly and gradually increase exercise intensity to maintain results after liposuction.
- Build muscle mass: Burn more calories to keep away fat and weight gain from your body. To burn more calories effectively, focus on building muscle mass with strength training combined with aerobic exercises (that helps to build lean muscle). Muscles are calorie-burning engines that consume more calories than the rest of the body. Strength training combined with aerobic exercise helps build lean muscle mass.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle: Avoid sitting for extended periods as a sedentary lifestyle is a major cause for weight gain. Keep moving – stand up and move your legs every twenty to thirty minutes to keep flab at bay. Sitting for long hours will lead to weight gain and also affect your overall health.
- Make healthy diet choices: Make wise dietary choices and cut the bad eating habits. To keep extra fat off, maintain a healthy diet that is low in fat. Incorporate a lot of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein in your diet and avoid salty, sugary, fatty, processed and packaged foods. Eat in small servings to lessen food cravings and the body’s overall caloric intake. High protein meals during breakfast can help the body through a busy day. Never skip meals.
- Drink a lot of water: According to a Healthline article, drinking adequate amounts of water helps people lose weight and maintain weight loss. Drinking water reduces hunger and flushes toxins from your body, increases the calories burned by the body by 24 percent to 30 percent, and lowers body mass index and body fat.
- Reduce stress: Stress is the major cause of weight gain. It triggers the release of cortisol, a hormone that causes both binge eating disorders and the desire to overeat. So take steps to reduce stress.
Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss. It removes excess deposits of fat pockets and is a good option for those who are close to their ideal body weight.
Leading NYC liposuction surgeons provide excellent treatment in AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facilities. They will also provide valuable guidance for smooth recovery and on maintaining your results.