Liposuction ranked second among the top five cosmetic surgical procedures in 2018, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). This cosmetic surgical procedure can address many problem areas, including flabby arms which are extremely difficult to resolve with just diet and exercise. Liposuction provides the solution. Smartlipo arm laser liposuction in New York City is an effective option to reduce excess sagging skin and fat in the upper arms, tighten the underlying tissues, and improve the disproportionate appearance of the arms.
It can be embarrassing to wear sleeveless clothes if you have fatty, sagging upper arms or “batwings”. Many women are now turning to arm laser liposuction to resolve batwings and to get slimmer, attractive, shapely upper arms. Compared to conventional procedures, this minimally-invasive procedure involves significantly less downtime and faster recovery than traditional liposuction. The advanced FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation blends multiple laser wavelengths – 1440 nm, 1320 nm and 1064nm – in a single laser output. Small incisions are made in the upper arm area to deliver laser energy, which melts the fat and simultaneously tightens the skin- without leaving scars. The intelligent delivery systems of this platform monitor skin temperature and control the flow of energy, thereby preventing overtreatment.
Following your surgeon’s instructions is crucial for smooth recovery and optimal outcomes. However, proper preparation is one of the keys to smooth recovery and optimal, long-lasting outcomes. Here are some tips to prepare for arm laser liposuction:
- Stop smoking about two weeks before and after the treatment. This is important because nicotine causes the blood vessels to constrict and reduces blood supply to the organs and tissues, which can stop wounds from healing post-surgery. Smoking can have a profound impact on your body and change the way an anesthetic drug works during surgery.
- Wash the treatment area using anti-bacterial soap before the procedure to reduce the risk of infection.
- Candidates would be asked to stop using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamin E, and any other medication that can impair healing at least a week prior to surgery.
- Buy and be ready to wear the compression garment as instructed to reduce swelling.
- Your surgeon may recommend taking supplements like vitamin A and C as they increase the body’s ability to heal, build new collagen, and decrease swelling. But make sure you take only the supplements that your surgeon recommends.
- Do not drink alcohol one to two weeks before surgery as alcohol can interfere with normal anesthetic drug metabolism.
- Stop sunbathing and using self-tanning products or tanning booths at least two weeks prior to surgery.
- Decrease sodium intake prior to surgery and drink plenty of water.
- Follow a healthy diet to stay fit and avoid unwanted complications.
- Do not eat or drink liquids at least 8 hrs prior to your scheduled procedure. Arrive with an empty stomach to minimize the risk of nausea or vomiting
- Wear loose fitting clothing on the day of the procedure.
- Depending on the nature of your job, plan to take one or two weeks off after the treatment.
- Make your home post-operative ready – buy what you need in advance and keep everything handy.
- Inform your plastic surgeon of any allergies, especially to antibiotics or pain medications.
However, candidates should be psychologically sound and have realistic expectations, a positive outlook, and specific body contouring goals. Similar to following pre-operative instructions, follow aftercare instructions also which is crucial for a smooth recovery and effective outcomes. Successful arm liposuction procedure can provide optimal results for the ideal candidate and restore their self-confidence.
Final results will become visible within six months after the procedure or after the body has healed completely. Results may vary based on individual considerations. Patients who stick to a healthy life style incorporating proper diet and regular exercise can expect long-lasting outcomes.
If you are considering laser liposuction in New York City, find an AAAASF-accredited facility that offers the service of surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. Reliable surgeons will perform a detailed evaluation during the consultation and give you specific instructions about preparation based on your concerns, health, and lifestyle.