Gynecomastia is the condition of abnormal enlargement or swelling of breast tissue that occurs in males mainly due to the imbalance of estrogen and testosterone. It can occur in boys and men of all ages, but is most common in infancy and adolescence and in middle-aged to older men. Genetic traits, intake of certain medications (such as anti-androgens, anti-depressants, and so on), overuse of herbal products, and obesity are some of the other factors that may cause gynecomastia. Although not a serious medical condition and mainly a cosmetic problem, gynecomastia can cause embarrassment and social problems, especially in boys and young men. This could explain the growing demand for gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC.
According to a recent Research Insights report, the global gynecomastia treatment market research is expected to witness significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Titled “Gynecomastia Treatment Market: Global Industry Trend Analysis 2013 to 2018 and Forecast 2019 – 2028”, the report identifies the factors driving the growth of gynecomastia treatment market as:
- Increasing intake of alcohol
- Intake of certain medications such as anti-depressants, anabolic steroids
- Poverty and poor lifestyle habits lead to malnutrition, which can drive the gynecomastia market.
- Increasing healthcare awareness
- The increasing prevalence of liver and kidney disorders such as liver cirrhosis, liver failures, kidney failures
- Increasing geriatric population who are prone to hormonal changes that occur with normal aging
- Increasing sports and physical activities can also lead to the growth of gynecomastia treatment market as sports person or teenagers engaged in various physical activities, are expected to take anabolic steroids in a large quantity to enhance the athlete performance. This can lead to male breast enlargement and ultimately fuel the growth of gynecomastia treatment market.
The report also lists the factors that restrain the growth of the market as: lack of awareness in some emerging regions or rural areas and unavailability of medications.
The global gynecomastia treatment market is segmented on the basis of treatment type, end user and geographic region.
- The treatment type segment is further divided into two types: drugs and surgical treatment. Drugs include Tamoxifen (generally taken for severe gynecomastia), Raloxifene, Aromatase Inhibitors and Others.
- Based on the end user, the market is segmented into:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
According to the report, hospital pharmacies and retail stores are expected to hold the largest revenue share in the gynecomastia treatment market.
- Based on geography, the market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
The advanced healthcare infrastructure and easy availability of treatment facilities, North America is expected to register large revenue shares in global Gynecomastia Treatment market in future. The increasing geriatric population might make Europe the second largest market share. Similarly, the increasing healthcare awareness amongst the people and increasing research and developmental activities can make Asia Pacific to show a large revenue share in the Gynecomastia Treatment market.
When it comes to resolving gynecomastia, drugs, diet or exercises can only help to a certain extent. Liposuction breast reduction or gynecomastia surgery can provide a long-lasting solution to this condition. Today, expert plastic surgeons offer laser liposuction surgery in New York City using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation to remove the excess fat and tissue from the male breast, and create a well-contoured, manly physique.
Laser-assisted gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC is an outpatient procedure with minimal downtime. When performed by an expert, the procedure provides an immediate visible improvement in the shape and appearance of the chest after the surgery.