Natural aging, genetics, weight gain, environmental and lifestyle factors cause fat to accumulate under the chin, leading to sagging jowls and a double chin. Leading plastic surgery practices offer chin liposuction in NYC using the minimally invasive Smartlipo Triplex workstation to address this aesthetic concern. This procedure gets rid of unwanted fat, firms the jaw line, improves the appearance of neck, and provides a more youthful appearance.
The Smartlipo workstation used to perform laser liposuction in NYC is a FDA-approved device that comes with three powerful laser wavelengths–1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm. The procedure begins with your surgeon administering local anesthesia in the treatment areas (chin, jowls and/or neck). Once the area is numbed, the device’s cannula is inserted under the skin via a small incision. Laser energy is then delivered to those areas precisely to target and melt the excess fat so that it can be easily suctioned off. The unique intelligent delivery systems of the Smertlipo workstation – SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ – allow for reliable and controlled energy delivery, which prevents overtreatment. The procedure also simultaneously tightens the skin.
When performed by an expert surgeon, Smartlipo chin laser liposuction can provide attractive and effective outcomes. Though this minimally-invasive procedure involves significantly less downtime and faster recovery compared to traditional chin liposuction, following your surgeon’s pre-op tips is one of the keys to smooth recovery and optimal, long-lasting outcomes. Here are some tips that can make chin liposuction in New York City a comfortable and productive experience:
- Get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory testing from your primary care physician. Ensure that these preoperative steps are completed 2 weeks before your procedure.
- Two weeks before the date of your surgery, fix a pre-op appointment with your surgeon to review the treatment plan.
- Depending on your job, make arrangements to take a few days off from work.
- Stop smoking for at least 4 weeks prior to the surgery, as smoking can affect wound healing, lead to longer healing time, and cause scarring.
- Stop alcohol consumption at least one week prior to the surgery.
- Avoid medications such as aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Motrin, blood thinners, vitamin E, omega-3 and fish oil, and herbal supplements.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on pre-op and post-op medications, such as antibiotics and/or pain medications.
- Track of the medications you take to avoid any confusion later.
- Keep everything you need handy and stock essential things (medical supplies, compression garment, pillows, blankets, books, television, and anything else to assist with a comfortable recovery) that you would need following the procedure.
- Get plenty of rest, avoid unnecessary stress and stay calm.
- If you have facial hair, remove it before your procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes.
- Before the procedure, remove jewelry and all piercings.
- On the day of the surgery, avoid makeup, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant and sunscreen. If you wear contact lenses, remove them.
- Have someone accompany you to and from the surgical center.
- Arrange for a responsible person to help with your household chores or other activities.
Though there is a specific recovery time for most cosmetic procedures, following your surgeon’s instructions can make chin liposuction in NYC a stress-free experience.
Patients who have a lot of loose skin can opt to have a chin tuck along with their liposuction treatment. A chin tuck addresses sagging and wrinkles by tightening the skin under the chin.