Innovative advancements in plastic surgery and improved safety and effectiveness offered by the procedures account for their popularity among men and women who wish to enhance their overall appearance.
Laser liposuction is one of the most popular among them which helps to get rid of fat from difficult to treat areas by melting the fat and suctioning it out. Commonly treated areas include the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, arms, love handles, and knees among others. If you are thinking of undergoing a cosmetic procedure, there are a few questions you must ask your body contouring surgeon that will help you take a well-informed decision.
- Is the surgeon well-trained and experienced in the field of plastic surgery? This is a must to get the best results. Find out how many years of experience he/she has so that you can be confident about the surgeon’s proficiency.
- Is the plastic surgery center accredited by the AAAASF? If yes, you can expect the best providers, treatments and results.
- Am I a candidate for the procedure? Only a good surgeon can decide whether the chosen procedure is effective for you and whether you qualify as a candidate.
- What kind of results can I expect? Always approach the facility with realistic expectations and get a clear picture from the surgeon regarding what results to expect after the procedure. Unrealistic expectations will leave you dissatisfied with the results.
- Where and how will I have my cosmetic surgery performed? Ask your plastic surgeon to provide details regarding the procedure and how it will be performed. Learn about the technique and also get an idea on why the specified technique is best recommended for you.
- How long is the recovery period? What precautions do I have to take? You must know how long it will take to recover since you need to make suitable arrangements on the home and office fronts. You must also understand what all precautions are to be taken post surgery.
- What are the risks/complications involved? No surgical procedure is without risks. Learn about the risks of your procedure and find out how the surgeon would handle such emergencies if they arise.
- Can I view the before and after photos of other patients who have undergone the same procedure? This will give you an idea regarding the treatment results.
Ask the above questions to your body contouring surgeon during your initial visit so that you receive all information that you need to make a good decision.