Liposuction is performed to remove small pockets of fat from various areas of the body. Today, reliable NYC plastic surgery practices offer laser liposuction using Smartlipo Triplex. This advanced FDA-approved minimally-invasive lipolysis system uses a cannula with three laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm, and 1440nm) to deliver exceptional fat removal and skin tightening benefits. It can be used to sculpt and contour both large and delicate areas of the body. The laser energy melts the underlying fat so that it can be easily removed and also tightens the surrounding skin by stimulating collagen production. The procedure is safe and avoids the risk associated with traditional liposuction surgery.
Understanding what to expect on the day of your laser liposuction procedure will help you be prepared.
On the day of the procedure:
- It’s important to have your regular breakfast in the morning.
- Wear loose-fitting dark colored clothing.
- Do not wear any jewelry.
- Expect to be at the surgical center for at least 4 hours.
- Take along the prescribed medications.
- As Smartlipo needs only local anesthesia, you can expect to be awake during the procedure.
During the procedure:
- The surgeon will take photographs of the area or areas from where fat is to be removed.
- The treatment sites will be marked.
- After the surgical site is cleansed, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- After the area becomes numb, the surgeon will create a tiny incision to insert the small Smartlipo cannula under the skin into the pockets of fat.
- Laser energy is delivered via the cannula which melts the fat, allowing it to be gently suctioned off.
- The laser energy also tightens the skin, coagulates the blood vessels, and minimizes bruising
After the procedure:
- If needed, you will be given pain medications.
- You may get up and move around if necessary, but be careful not to overdo it. As a large amount of drainage can be expected for up to 24 hours, patients generally need to wear pads.
- Keep the absorbent dressings on for 24 hours. After that remove them and take a shower. Do not bathe, sit in a hot tub, or swim for two weeks after the procedure.
- You may have to wear a compression garment for at least two weeks or for the time instructed by your surgeon.
- Light exercise can be resumed within a few days, but returning to your full exercise regimen may take 2-4 weeks.
- Make sure to keep your follow-up appointments.
Smartlipo Triplex helps patients for fast recovery as it offers the following benefits:
- Minimally-invasive procedure.
- Local anesthesia is used.
- Outpatient procedure.
- Only tiny incisions are made.
- Minimal pain and discomfort.
Once your Smartlipo in NYC is complete, you can return to your normal daily activities within a day or two. In an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that offers Smartlipo Triplex in NYC, the procedure is performed safely by experienced plastic surgeons. They will provide you with pre- and post-surgical instructions and following these guidelines is very important for smooth healing and optimal results. Following a healthy lifestyle with nutritious diet and regular exercise and avoiding weight gain is crucial to retain your liposuction results.