Male breast enlargement is a common condition that can affect men of all ages. It is usually caused by factors such as genetics, hormonal imbalances, and certain medications and medical conditions. Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan removes the breast fat and restores the shape of the chest
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform the procedure using the FDA-approved laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation. This device features three laser wavelengths (1440nm, 1064 nm and 1320nm) that work to liquefy the fat for easy removal, coagulates tissue and tightens the excess skin. By creating a more masculine-looking chest, gynecomastia treatment can greatly boost a man’s confidence, self-esteem, and quality of life.
The key benefits of laser liposuction to treat gynecomastia include:
- Performed using local anesthesia
- Minimal bleeding and swelling
- Minimal scarring
- Stimulates collagen production
- Minimal surgical trauma and downtime
- Quick recovery
- Long-lasting results
In addition to restoring a masculine appearance, the treatment can correct poor posture and expand your clothing choices.
However, for a comfortable surgical experience, smooth recovery and optimal results, you need to follow your surgeon’s pre- and post-surgery advice. One of the questions most patients scheduled for gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan ask is when they can resume their workouts at the gym.
Following this minimally-invasive procedure, patients can start light walking when they feel ready to do it. Light walking during the first week or two of recovery will promote blood flow and reduce the risk of blood clots. Avoid exerting yourself during this period.
As you heal, you can increase you level of activity based on your surgeon’s advice. However, even when you resume going to the gym, it’s not advisable to perform strenuous exercise. Avoid complex exercises, especially physically demanding activities, for at least 4 weeks. Things to do and avoid when you go to the gym:
- Wear the compression garment while doing workouts
- Light non-impact lower body exercises can be resumed after a month.
- Heavy or repetitive exercises involving the pectoralis muscles should put off till at least six weeks after surgery
- Avoid chest and arm workouts till healing is complete. Use exercise machines when you do.
- Avoid lifting weights
- Free-weight exercises can be resumed after your strength returns to its normal level
Consult your surgeon before going to the gym and follow their instructions to avoid complications. Once you have healed, exercise and a proper diet are important to maintain your results after gynecomastia surgery In Manhattan.