One of the popular cosmetic surgical procedures, liposuction is the gold standard for removing stubborn fat from different areas of the body. Though conventional liposuction surgery removes excess fat, the procedure cannot tighten the loose skin. It can cause dimples or sagging skin especially in older patients and those who have poor skin elasticity. Smartlipo laser liposuction surgery in New York City is an excellent solution for these concerns. The treatment resolve excess fat and also address loose skin. This minimally-invasive laser-assisted procedure gets rid of the unwanted fat pockets from various areas of the body and provides excellent results.
Though the procedure is minimally-invasive and may seem appealing to many seeking a safe and effective body contouring procedure, laser liposuction is not for everyone. It is generally not recommended for the following people:
- Those with Health Concerns: A person who is not healthy is at greater risk for complications compared to a healthy person. For example, risk of surgical complications would be high for individuals with a previous medical history of cardiac arrhythmias, immunodeficiency disorders, excessive bleeding, seizure disorders or a substantial history of or pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the lungs) or deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the leg).
- Those who are Taking Certain Medications on a Regular Basis: Smartlipo is not recommended for those who take certain medications, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, or anticoagulants such as Coumadin (warfarin) that can increase the risk of bleeding. For instance, if an individual is taking medications that impedes the metabolism of lidocaine – the local anesthetic used in this procedure – they face a high risk of bleeding unless they can stop use of their medication at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Those who are Obese: Ideal Smartlipo candidates are within 30% of their ideal weight. Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC is a body contouring treatment that removes stubborn fat, not a weight loss solution. There are limits to the amount of fat that can be safely removed using the Smartlipo device.
- Those who do not have Good Skin Elasticity: The skin in the treated areas may appear loose if the skin is thin and has poor elasticity. Therefore, people with poor skin elasticity are not suitable candidates for Smartlipo laser liposuction in NYC. The skin will look smooth after the procedure only in people with good skin tone and elasticity.
- Those who are not Confident of Maintaining their Weight: If you are yet to achieve your weight loss goals or have only recently achieved your goal weight, now may not be the best time to consider laser liposuction. If you still want to undergo the procedure, you should be confident that you can stay within 10 pounds of your goal weight. You may want to wait until you have maintained your weight for six to 12 months. Many patients return for a revision procedure after gaining weight post their procedure. Though revision surgery is not a bad thing, expert plastic surgeons say that having laser liposuction a second time may involve more pain as the abundance of scar tissue would make fat removal difficult.
- Women who are Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Only an ideal candidate can realize the full benefits of the procedure. Good candidates for this laser liposuction treatment would meet the following conditions:
- Are healthy
- Are within 30% of their ideal weight and weight has remained stable for at least six months.
- Have fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- Have good muscle and skin tone (with only mild to moderate laxity).
- Have realistic expectations
- Have a positive outlook and specific body contouring goals.
- Non smoker.
To determine if you are an ideal candidate for Smartlipo laser liposuction surgery in New York City, find a qualified and experienced liposuction surgeon who is well-trained in this technique. The surgeon will perform a complete evaluation during your consultation and ask you relevant questions to determine your candidature for the treatment.