Laser liposuction using FDA approved Smartlipo Triplex is considered one of the safest body contouring techniques available today. The conventional liposuction technique is invasive. A cannula has to be inserted into the treatment site and moved up and down to extricate the fat. Laser lipolysis does away with the need for this. The surgeon can use the minimally-invasive, laser-enabled SmartLipo cannula to target and melt only the stubborn fat, allowing it to be removed easily. Here are some of the main reasons why laser liposuction is considered a safe alternate to traditional liposuction.
- The most important advantage of laser lipo is that it is performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia, thereby avoiding the complications and downtime associated with general anesthesia. Patients can resume normal activity in a couple of days.
- The device come equipped with three laser wavelengths (1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm), which targets only the fat cells without harming the surrounding tissues and blood vessels. Healing and recovery are much faster than with traditional lipo.
- The incisions required to insert the SmartLipo cannula are very small and do not need sutures. With laser lipo, scarring is minimal scarring. The larger cannula used in the conventional method require longer incisions that need to be closed with stitches.
- The laser energy promotes blood coagulation during the procedure, so that bleeding, pain, and surgical trauma is minimal, unlike the invasive method.
- A there are no big incisions or stitches, the chances for infection are reduced, which helps speedy recovery. There is no need for a lengthy hospital stay in most cases.
The SmartLipo device comes with intelligent delivery systems that prevent overtreatment. It is designed to allow the surgeon to deliver laser energy at the treatment site in a controlled manner. It ensures precision and versatility with wavelengths that are suited for small as well as large fat deposits in areas such as the abdomen, love handles, backs, thighs, hips, knees, arms, neck, and chin as well as for tissue retraction and fibrous areas.