Liposuction surgery has become a popular option among men and women looking to get rid of stubborn fat deposits and achieve a well-defined physique. Superior modalities such as Smartlipo Triplex laser liposuction allow excess fat to be removed from both highly fibrous areas such as the back and male chest as well as delicate, hard-to-treat areas such as the face, neck and chin.
If you are considering the treatment, you should be prepared for the initial consultation with a set of questions to ask your plastic surgeon. It’s important for you to be well informed about the procedure and know the benefits as well as the risks so that you can take an informed decision. A reliable surgeon will provide satisfactory answers to your questions. The best strategy is to prepare a list of the questions you want to ask before the consultation. Here are some important things to include in your list:
- What are the benefits of the SmartLipo laser technology? The surgeon should be able to tell you about the specific benefits of using Cynosure’s laser-assisted technology. Ask if the SmartLipo device that the surgeon uses comes with the heat sensing safety feature.
- What kind of anesthesia will be used? The surgeon will inform you whether general or local anesthesia will be administered and why.
- Are there any risks associated with this procedure? All plastic surgery procedures come with certain risks and a reliable surgeon will inform you about the benefits as well as the possible risks associated lipolysis. Be wary of a surgeon who promises a risk-free procedure.
- Where will the procedure be carried out? Plastic surgeons perform liposuction surgery in hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, and in the surgical suite of their practice. You should find out if the operating room is certified and AAAASF-accredited.
- How long will my procedure take? This will actually depend on the extent of the treatment area, including the number of areas to be treated. Knowing how long it will take will keep you prepared for your time in the operating room.
- How long will my recovery take? This is important as it would allow you to schedule your time so that it would not affect your work too much. In any case, recovery largely depends on the anesthesia used, and if you are given a local anesthetic – as with most laser lipo procedures – you could get back to work and normal activity within a couple of days.
- Can I see before & after pictures of your SmartLipo treatments? A skilled and experienced surgeon would be happy to show you the before and after photos of previous patients. This will give you an idea about the results that you can expect.
- How much will the procedure cost? In a professional plastic surgery practice, you will be informed about the total cost of the treatment as well as its breakdown. Such information is important to ensure there are no hidden costs.
- Do you have financing options? As elective surgery is not covered by health insurance, leading surgical practices offer convenient financing plans with low monthly payments. It would be worthwhile to check out if such options are available.
If you are considering laser liposuction treatment, do some serious research to find the right surgeon. You can ask your primary care physician or friends who have had the treatment to recommend a specialist. You can ask about the cosmetic surgeon’s qualifications and credentials at the consultation, including his/her experience in performing SmartLipo procedures.