According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), liposuction ranked among the five top cosmetic surgical procedures last year, and a total of 258,558 liposuctions were performed in 2018, an increase of 5% from 2017. Body liposuction in New York City is the gold standard for removing stubborn, unwanted fat pockets and achieving a slimmer, well-shaped body. Though liposuction treatment is in demand throughout the year, it is especially popular in the winter months. In fact, winter is a great time for body sculpting as the “off-season” gives you plenty of time to recover and be ready to flaunt your results when the “on-season” or summer arrives.
Though laser liposuction in New York is performed using minimally invasive Smartlipo technology, it takes time – typically between two to six months – to see the final results. So if you wondering when you should have your treatment, the winter months may be ideal. The cooler, longer days of winter can help you work on your transformation before the swimsuit season rolls around. In fact, plastic surgeons in NYC report that they see more patients for liposuction treatment in the winter months. There are numerous benefits to have the procedure in winter over any other time of the year:
- More time to select the right liposuction surgeon: Choosing an experienced surgeon is the most important factor when it comes to safe and effective body contouring treatment. You need to spend time to explore your options. You would need to schedule consultations in multiple plastic surgery facilities to choose the one that can help you meet your goals. Planning ahead is also essential as cosmetic surgeons’ schedules get booked up quickly during the holidays.
- Plenty of time for recovery: Relaxing, stress-free recovery and plenty of rest time is crucial for the success of any plastic surgery procedure. The treatment would require you to take at least a couple of days off from work. Scheduling your treatment when work slows down for the winter holidays will give you time to recover. Take advantage of the off-season to get summer body with minimal interference to your work!
- Heal in comfort: Patients recovering from liposuction are required to wear form-fitting compression garments for at least 3 weeks to support results and control swelling. Heavy, loose fitting winter clothes will conceal the surgical incisions and allow you to heal comfortably, without making things obvious. You can keep your liposuction treatment a secret in heavy coats and sweaters until you’re ready to show off your results.
- Address problem areas: Fall and winter are common months for holiday celebrations centered on rich food. Consuming more calories generally leads to weight gain during the cold months. Minimally-invasive laser liposuction can remove those excess fat deposits in areas like the abdomen, flanks and thighs. Results would be evident in time for spring and swim suit season.
- Avoid UV exposure: In addition to literally keeping your procedure under wraps, having your winter reduces risk of UV exposure. UV rays can increase risk of scarring, pigmentation problems and skin sensitivity. Winter clothing protects your healing incisions from the sunlight, which is essential for them to fade optimally.
- Staying indoors is expected: After liposuction treatment, patients are expected to stay indoors for some time. As we generally tend to stay indoors in winter, it offers the best opportunity to recover from liposuction treatment.
- Makes it easier to stick to your New Year weight loss resolution: The most common New Year resolution is eating healthy, exercising and getting fit. While liposuction cannot help you lose weight, your results can motivate you to lead a healthier lifestyle. In fact, eating healthy and exercising are important to maintain the results of body sculpting treatment.
The best time for plastic surgery is actually the time that works best for you. It’s all about how you can manage recovery and heal smoothly. If you are considering body liposuction in New York City, have the treatment in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that offers the service of experienced and skilled surgeons.