Liposuction is the gold standard for removing unwanted stubborn fat pockets that persist despite maintaining a healthy diet and exercising regularly. Liposuction in New York City allows both men and women to get rid of unwanted fat and attain a trimmer, attractive physique.
Technological advancements have made liposuction a minimally invasive treatment, avoiding the side effects and downtime associated with traditional liposuction surgery. Performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex workstation, laser liposuction is one of the most popular minimally invasive body contouring options available today.
The major reasons for the build-up of fat deposits are an unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, and genetics. Some women and men are more prone to carrying weight in certain areas. The major areas in the body that store excess fat are the belly, hips, thighs, and the buttocks. Accumulating too much stubborn fat might lead to various medical conditions if not treated on time, so it is important for you to find ways to slim down.
Though it is not a weight loss method, liposuction is the best option for treating these problematic areas. Though this safe and effective procedure can literally treat almost all areas of the body, the 5 spots where liposuction can prove most effective are as follows:
- Abdomen: Belly fat is categorized as external fat and visceral fat. Subcutaneous fat found between the skin and muscle responds really well to liposuction, especially Smartlipo. Visceral fat which lies below the muscle responds well to diet and exercise. The procedure involves removing subcutaneous fat that lies beneath the skin and on top of the abdominal muscle wall, while simultaneously tightening overlying skin. The success of the abdomen liposuction depends on the factors such as age, history of weight gain and weight loss, history of pregnancy, amount and location of abdominal fat and sex of the patient.
- Hips and waist: When you gain weight, it is the hip and waist areas that are most affected as the excess fat tends to be stored more quickly on these areas. It is also harder to burn fat from this area of the body. Hip and waist liposuction using Smartlipo can be performed on both men and women.
- Love handles (Flanks) and lower back: Fat deposits generally tend to accumulate on the flanks due to factors such as aging, heredity, pregnancy, and hormonal changes. Known as love handles, these deposits of fat at the waistline are difficult to get rid of through conventional weight loss measures. Liposuction on love handles can address this aesthetic concern and result in a trimmer, well-shaped waistline.
- Outer and inner thighs: The thighs are a major problematic area for many women. Fat tends to get stored easily in the thighs and it is usually resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction on thighs can treat both inner and outer thighs and help you achieve slimmer, shapelier thighs. If a patient wants to have a thigh lift, but has excess fat in the thigh area, liposuction treatment has to be performed first. The lift will be performed two to three months later to remove excess skin and unwanted subcutaneous tissue and fat.
- Buttocks: Diet and exercise often prove futile when it comes to reducing fat in the buttocks and achieving the trim, streamlined shape you want. Buttock liposuction with Smartlipo is a safe and effective way to remove excess fat and improve the shape and symmetry of the posterior. The procedure involves using laser energy to remove excess fat, tighten the skin, and reshape the area to provide attractive and natural-looking results.
Smartlipo laser liposuction system utilizes three powerful laser wavelengths (1440nm, 1320 nm, and 1064 nm) to remove excess fat and tighten the skin. Its intelligent delivery systems SmartSense™, ThermaView™ and ThermaGuide™ deliver the laser energy in the right proportion and prevent overtreatment. This minimally invasive treatment can be performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia.
If you are considering liposuction in New York City, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that has plastic surgeons who are skilled in performing the procedure. Less pain and reduced downtime combined with the permanent elimination of issues such as sagging and dimpling make Smartlipo the ideal solution for most men and women desiring a better body image.