Excess fat deposits in any area of the body is a major aesthetic concern for many people. The chin is a common area for the buildup of fat due to factors such as aging, weight gain, heredity, hormonal changes, lack of physical activity, sleep deprivation and environmental factors. A double chin, as this excess fat under the chin and jawline is called, can significantly affect the definition of the lower face and neck. Chin liposuction in Manhattan, NYC is a safe and effective way to get rid of the stubborn fat and achieve a natural shape to the neck. This minimally-invasive laser liposuction procedure removes unwanted fat beneath the chin, lifts sagging jowls, tones the area and tightens the skin to provide a well-defined jawline and attractive neck.
Chin Liposuction – How is this Performed?
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform this liposuction procedure under local anesthesia using FDA-approved SmartLipo Triplex device. This laser assisted workstation features three different laser wavelengths – 1064nm, 1320nm and 1440nm – for liquefying fat, coagulating tissues and tightening the skin. Its intelligent delivery systems – SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ – ensure controlled energy delivery and prevent overtreatment.
Key Benefits of Smarlipo Chin Liposuction
The key benefits of Smartlipo triplex laser liposuction in New York include –
- Minimal scarring, bleeding, bruising and pain
- Tightens loose skin
- Speedy recovery
- Procedure performed on an outpatient basis
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Low risk of complications
- Long-lasting results
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Chin Liposuction?
People who meet the following criteria are considered suitable candidates for this laser-assisted treatment –
- Have disproportional areas of localized chin fat
- Are in good health
- Have good facial structure and muscles
- Are not be substantially overweight
- Have good skin elasticity
- Do not smoke
- Do not drink in excess
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome
Chin liposuction is not recommended for individuals with medical conditions such as heart disease and circulation problems.
Recovery and Post-Operative Tips
In most cases, the final results of chin laser liposuction become visible within a few weeks’ time. As pain and swelling is minimal with laser liposuction, recovery is much faster than with conventional surgery. The speed of recovery or healing may vary from person to person and depend on the amount of fat removed. Patients can get back to their normal activities within a week. However, if there is any bleeding or infection, it is important to inform your plastic surgeon about it immediately. Taking adequate care and following the plastic surgeon’s instructions carefully will help speed up the recovery process.
Tips for smooth recovery after chin liposuction –
- Wear the compression garment (chin strap)
- Sleep with the head elevated on 2 pillows for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Maintain an upright position in the days after surgery
- Follow a high protein and low sodium diet
- Stay hydrated
- Do a gentle massage on the treated area (as advised)
- Use an ice pack on the treatment site, but not directly
- Keep the incisions clean
- Avoid taking any non-prescribed painkillers or medications
- Keep your follow-up appointments to ensure that the recovery is progressing smoothly
The final outcomes of double chin laser liposuction usually appear within three to four months.
If you are planning to undergo double chin liposuction in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery. An accredited plastic surgery practice will have surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. They will evaluate your concerns and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.