A good diet program and exercise may help to keep your body fit and toned, but there may be some trouble spots that just do not respond to your fitness programs, however strenuous they may be. The knees are one of those problem areas that can be difficult to tone, and excess fat accumulation around the knee can make your legs appear disproportionate and distorted. Fortunately, there is an aesthetic procedure, knee liposuction, to trim this area. NYC plastic surgeons perform knee liposuction using the minimally-invasive laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex lipolysis device. The procedure removes stubborn fat and precisely contours the knee area. It provides you with slimmer, well-shaped legs and provides greater definition to the knee cap, the front structures of the knee, the lower fibula area, and the calves.
Smartlipo in NYC is one of the most popular body contouring options available for men and women. Like all liposuction treatments, Smartlipo is not a weight loss method; instead it is designed to remove stubborn pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise. This minimally-invasive technology uses powerful lasers in three wavelengths to melt the fat for easier removal. The heat generated during the procedure also helps tighten the skin quickly. With this FDA-approved laser-assisted device, patients experience minimal scarring, swelling, bleeding, bruising or pain. The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. Other benefits of using Smartlipo Triplex include short treatment time and downtime, faster healing, and speedy recovery.
But to reap all these benefits of knee liposuction using Smartlipo, you need to be a good candidate for the procedure. This laser liposuction treatment is an ideal option for adults who meet the following criteria (Zwivel.com):
- Have fat deposits in the inner knee area or front knee area
- Have good skin elasticity with no sun damage or sagging
- Be arthritis-free in your knees (individuals with arthritis tend to have bumps around the knees)
- Have realistic expectations about what liposuction can achieve
- Have a positive outlook, and specific body contouring goals
- Be in good health
It is also important to know who are not good candidates for Smartlipo knee liposuction. You are not a good candidate if you:
- Suffer from autoimmune deficiency disorders, cardiac disorders, bleeding disorders or hemophilia, as well as have no significant history of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the legs) or pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs), which may increase the risk of complications.
- Are taking medications that increase the risk of bleeding (such as herbal supplements, aspirin or anticoagulants such as Coumadin) or any drugs that may inhibit the metabolism of Lidocaine, the local anesthetic used in tumescent liposuction technique.
- Expect liposuction to be an effective means to lose weight permanently. This is because liposuction is not proven to be an effective treatment for obesity.
- If your skin does not have good elasticity; then you must expect there to be some degree of a crepé or slightly wrinkled appearance. However in many cases, patients with poor skin elasticity are happy with their new self despite the slightly wrinkled appearance of the skin.
The procedure is carried out after determining your candidature for liposuction on knees. Smartlipo Triplex uses laser energy to liquefy the unwanted fat tissues so that they can be suctioned out smoothly, while tightening the loose skin for an improved outcome. The SmartSense™, ThermaGuide™ and ThermaView™ delivery systems of this laser workstation prevent overheating and minimize the risk of injury or trauma to the skin. The key benefits of this laser-assisted liposuction are:
- Minimally invasive procedure performed under local anesthesia
- Proven tissue coagulation ensures better skin tightening
- Short treatment time and avoids over-treatment
- Far less downtime compared to conventional surgery
- Minimal surgical trauma
- Minimal pain and discomfort
- Safe, smooth and quick recovery
However, even if recovery time is faster after this minimally invasive surgery and patients can resume work in a few days’ time, each person’s recovery is different and it depends on many factors including the technique used, how you care for yourself following surgery, health status, and other factors. You have to follow your surgeon’s instructions to achieve a speedy and smooth recovery, and to avoid complications. Wearing a knee compression garment for about 10 days following surgery is essential to control swelling and to compress the skin to the new body contour.
For a successful outcome, choose a surgeon with extensive experience in performing knee liposuction and skill in utilizing Smartlipo in NYC. The surgeon will perform a complete evaluation during your consultation and ask you relevant questions to determine if you are a candidate for the treatment. Moreover, at an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice, you can expect excellent treatment and follow-up care until full recovery.