Liposuction is amongst the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures, especially now that advanced technologies have made the procedure safe and minimally-invasive. In many established plastic surgery practices, the procedure is performed using the innovative laser powered SmartLipo Triplex workstation. Here, we provide the answers to some frequently asked questions on SmartLipo Triplex laser lipolysis.
- What is SmartLipo Triplex? This is a revolutionary minimally-invasive body contouring technique that uses a powerful laser-enabled cannula to melt targeted fat and tighten the skin. It features three unique wavelengths – 1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm – intelligent delivery systems to provide safe and effective treatment.
- Who is an ideal candidate for the procedure? If you are healthy but have areas of excess deposits of fat that do not respond to diet or exercise, you could be a good candidate for the procedure. You should be close to your ideal body weight.
- What are the areas that can be treated? The procedure can treat practically all areas of the body, both large and small. The most common areas treated include the neck and jaw line, upper arms, male breasts, bra fat, abdomen, love handles, inner and outer thighs, and knees.
- What does the procedure involve? A local anesthetic is injected into the treatment site and the thin cannula is inserted into the skin through a small incision. Laser energy is directed at the fatty tissue to liquefy the fat cells, which are then gently suctioned off.
- What are the advantages of SmartLipo over conventional liposuction? Unlike the conventional technique which requires general anesthesia, laser liposuction is minimally-invasive, requires only local anesthesia and is less traumatic. In addition to removing excess fat easily, this innovative procedure simultaneously coagulates the tissues and tightens the skin. Procedural time, patient downtime, and bleeding and bruising are all minimal unlike conventional liposuction surgery.
- How is it different from other forms of laser liposuction? The third wavelength of the SmartLipo Triplex workstation can eliminate fat closer to the surface. It can be used for hi-def body sculpting, such as to provide a six-pack in men or a more sculpted waistline in women. The Thermaguide option sees that the skin is not accidentally overheated.
- How long does the procedure take? On an average, it may take about 1.5 to 2 hours. The actual duration would vary with the number and extent of the areas treated.
- What is the recovery time? Minor incisions and the use of local anesthesia promote fast recovery. Most patients are able to resume normal activities within a few days.
- How long do the results last? With a healthy life style incorporating proper diet and regular exercise, patients can expect a long-lasting outcome.
To experience an optimal outcome, it is important to choose a plastic surgeon experienced in performing SmartLipo Triplex liposuction. The right surgeon would provide satisfactory answers to all your questions related to the procedure and also inform you about the risks and benefits involved so that you can take an informed decision.