Are diet and exercise resistant fat deposits defeating your efforts to shape up? The good news is that laser liposuction in NYC could provide the solution. This minimally invasive treatment helps you achieve the well-shaped body of your dreams with its effective fat reduction and superior skin tightening effects. This procedure, one of the many advances in liposuction surgery, uses the Smartlipo Triplex workstation to remove extra body fat and firm sagging skin. However, proper post-op care, including skin care, is crucial to recover smoothly and optimize outcomes.
Here are some valuable tips to care for your skin as it heals from laser liposuction:
- Diet: Many patients want to know if they need to be on a special diet after laser liposuction. It’s important to maintain a healthy diet after the procedure. Your surgeon may recommend including protein-rich foods as they increase strength and also generate new cells. Minerals and nutrients are also critical to accelerate the healing process. Vitamin C and E are good for your skin as they aid in tissue repair and collagen regrowth, which is important to minimize incision site complications scarring.
- Avoid certain foods: Depending on your surgeon’s recommendations, you should not consume certain foods after the treatment. Foods high in salt, sugar and processed foods can increase inflammation after surgery, destroy collagen that is responsible for firmness, and increase skin problems such as acne.
- Resistance training: Laser liposuction usually offers good skin tightening effects, though some patients report having loose skin post-op. Resistance training can help. After the healing process is complete, an hour a day of resistance training can go a long way in helping you achieve tighter, firmer skin. These exercises help burn more calories and also reduce the body’s tendency to store visceral fat.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking sufficient water is a great way to take care of your skin before and after liposuction. It can lead to smoother, supple skin by allowing the natural oils to spread to the skin and also soothe irritated skin. Staying hydrated will help your body heal itself more efficiently and make you feel your best. Drink adequate amounts of water and fresh fruit juice to prevent dehydration.
- Massage: Massage on the surgical sites can be started 2 weeks after the surgery. It will increase circulation and relax the muscles. This is also a great way to pamper your skin. The formation of hard, lumpy areas is common after laser liposuction. Gentle massage can lessen the hardness felt beneath the skin. In some cases, patients may also have excess lymphatic fluids after their procedure, which causes swelling. Massaging the swollen areas will help drain this fluid.
Liposuction surgeons advise a light massage a few minutes daily and consistently over several weeks. Gentle, circular massage of the lumpy sites for 5 minutes daily can help address this post-procedural concern. Even though it is not medically necessary, many surgeons advise lymphatic massaging for its beneficial effects.
- Wear a compression garment: Liposuction patients should follow their surgeon’s advice on wearing compression or recovery garments. There are several important reasons why a compression garment is used — it can control postoperative swelling and prevent fluid buildup. When it comes to skin care, compression garments can improve scarring as well as contour and final appearance.
- Coconut oil: Application of coconut oil application is now touted as a great skin care strategy after laser liposuction. Coconut oil is filled with lipids and fatty acids that promote skin regeneration. A natural exfoliant, it can improve skin health and remove dead cells, giving the skin a healthy glow.
Whether these tips would help a patient would also depend on the quality of their skin. Similarly, downtime after the procedure can also vary from patient to patient as everyone is unique. It’s important to listen to your body and follow your plastic surgeon’s recommendations to experience optimal outcomes. Follow-up is crucial to ensure that your surgical incisions are healing properly and there aren’t any complications or abnormalities.
If you are considering laser liposuction in New York City, choose an AAAASF accredited plastic surgery facility that has experienced plastic surgeons. A good surgeon would provide all the guidance you need to prepare for the treatment as well as to recover safely and smoothly.