An increasing number of men and women are opting to have liposuction to improve their appearance by getting rid of stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. Advancements in technology have made minimally invasive procedures such as laser liposuction extremely popular, as it involves less downtime and quicker recovery than traditional liposuction surgery. However, for the best results and safe treatment, it is important to put yourself in the hands of experts. On the RealSelf forum one patient asked, “Where can I get laser liposuction in New York City?”
An expert NYC surgeon stresses the importance of choosing an experienced surgeon to perform laser-assisted liposuction. As laser liposuction is performed with Smartlipo Triplex workstation, it’s very important that the plastic surgeon is well-trained in Smartlipo. To determine the skill and experience of a surgeon, prospective patients should cross-check criteria such as:
- How many cases has the doctor performed?
- Whether this is a large part of their practice?
- What type of anesthesia (local) is used?
- If the surgeon is a certified trainer, that is, he or she trains other surgeons to do the operation and has a certain level of experience and results to become a certified trainer.
The surgeon says that as Smartlipo is the predominant laser liposuction technique available in NYC, one can easily search for such training centers.
Another plastic surgeon advises laser liposuction aspirants to consult more than one surgeon as “there are a number of plastic surgeons offering Smartlipo in NYC. This is important as choosing a surgeon is an important decision that can have a big impact on the patient’s results and well-being. It is also important to choose an established plastic surgery facility for a safe and comfortable surgical experience. The surgeon recommends checking out the following:
- Number of years and experience of the surgeon with the laser liposuction technique
- Certification from Cynosure (the maker of Smartlipo) as a physician training center, which is only given to a select few surgeons in each city as it shows that you’re plastic surgeon is qualified by the company to train other doctors in the technique
- Asking friends if they are happy with their results, which is often the best recommendation.
AAAASF-accredited NYC plastic surgery facilities offer the FDA-approved Smartlipo treatment to address stubborn fat and help men and women achieve a well-shaped body. Do some detailed research, make a list of surgeons in your locality who are qualified to perform lipolysis and ask your general physician for advice or seek referrals and check patient reviews in sites such as RealSelf which are generally accurate and reliable. Other things to do include:
- Schedule a consultation with your selected surgeon and make sure that you will be comfortable discussing your concerns with the provider.
- Make sure the surgeon is specialized in the specific procedure you want and not in some other procedure and ask for information on the technology and techniques used.
- Assess the practice staff and make sure that they are polite and will be attentive to your needs.
- Ask for before and after photos of the previous candidates as this can help you assess the surgeon’s skill.
Finding the right accredited practice is crucial for safe, pleasing and productive treatment experience. Accredited facilities meet strict national standards for equipment, operating room safety, personnel and surgeon credentials. Moreover, the rate of serious complications is extremely low in such facilities. You would receive around-the-clock care by a minimum of two or more licensed staff members at all times. Safety is given utmost importance as necessary equipment and medication to handle complications or emergencies if any are available on-site.