Sagging skin and excess fat under the chin can be really frustrating for people who are striving to maintain a youthful looking face. Exercise and diet can help reduce the fat to some extent, but often fails to provide the desired results. Expert plastic surgeons offer neck liposuction in NYC to address this concern. One of the most sought after procedures by both men and women, this minimally-invasive procedure performed using the Smartlipo Triplex workstation is a great option to improve the signs of neck aging and restore a more youthful appearance.
Laser liposuction precisely targets the unwanted fat and leaves the surrounding tissues unaffected. The Smartlipo Triplex workstation combines the power of three laser wavelengths – 1440, 1064 and 1320 nm – to melt excess fat and remove it easily. Its intelligent delivery systems SmartSense™ and ThermaGuide™ monitor skin temperature and prevent overheating. Other benefits of using Smartlipo for neck liposuction include –
- Improves the neck profile
- Restores definition to the face
- Short treatment time and quick recovery
- Long lasting results
- Minimal pain and discomfort
- Needs only local anesthesia
- Performed on an outpatient basis
Minor pain and discomfort are quite common after the surgery. Swelling and bruising will occur in the treated area, but these side effects will subside soon.
Neck liposuction provides attractive outcomes for the right candidate. The best candidate for neck laser liposuction in Manhattan is a healthy person with localized fat deposits in the area below the chin. Other criteria that a candidate should meet are: should not smoke, must be at or near to their ideal body weight, and have a strong underlying bone structure with good skin elasticity.
Though the procedure is minimally-invasive, proper post-operative care is necessary for obtaining optimal results. It is important to take proper care of the incision areas as infection and scarring can affect results. Here are the common guidelines that need to followed after neck liposuction –
- Take plenty of rest, eat healthy and stay hydrated.
- Take the pain medications prescribed by the plastic surgeons. However, do not take aspirin or products containing aspirin unless approved by the plastic surgeon.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption can delay healing and cause complications, and must be stopped till recovery is complete.
- Keep your head elevated at all times for the first week. When resting, elevate the head above the heart the first 3 days after surgery – this will help reduce swelling.
- Using cold compresses during the first 24-48 hours help deal with swelling. However, do not directly apply ice to the treated area.
- Avoid bending, lifting or straining the neck area until healing is complete. For optimal results after the surgery, wear an elastic compression collar around the neck and jaw line area for a period of up to 6 weeks.
- Shower at least once a day. Keep the incisions clean and inspect for signs of infection on a daily basis. Make sure to keep the dressing in the incision area smooth and snug against the skin to minimize risks of contour irregularities and/or fluid collection formations.
- Regular massage during the recovery phase may help with the draining process and speed up the healing process.
- To reduce swelling and minimize chance of blood clots, start gentle walking soon after the procedure. Avoid strenuous exercise and activities for 3-4 weeks. Avoid exposing the scars to sun for at least 12 months.
- Do not drive until you have stopped taking pain medications. Arrange for someone to drive you home after the surgery.
The speed of healing and recovery after neck liposuction will vary from patient to patient depending on individual considerations. However, in most cases, final results are evident at 6 months. While results are long-lasting, weight gain after the surgery can affect them. Therefore, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to preserve the results.
If you are planning to get neck laser liposuction surgery in Manhattan, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that provides the services of skilled plastic surgeons who are experienced in the procedure. Reliable surgeons will provide customized treatment and end-to-end care till complete recovery.