Gynecomastia or overdevelopment of male breast tissue is typically caused by hereditary factors, obesity, or hormonal imbalances. Men of any age can be affected by the condition. Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan is an effective procedure to address this concern and achieve a well-defined manly chest. The procedure is performed using the FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex device. The procedure involves removing the excess fat and tissue and contouring the chest to provide a more natural appearance. The laser assisted Smartlipo device combines three different wavelengths (1440nm, 1320nm and 1064 nm) for dissolving fat, coagulating tissue and tightening the surrounding skin.
During the consultation, NYC plastic surgeons will provide guidelines for handling recovery and achieving optimal results. Make sure to strictly follow those instructions diligently.
Dos and Don’ts before Gynecomastia Surgery
- Take multivitamins 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- Discuss any medical conditions you have with your surgeon
- Arrange for someone to help you manage the recovery phase
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully
- Get all the prescribed medical examinations
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day
- Stop smoking at least 2 weeks before the procedure
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid taking blood thinning medicines
- Avoid overexposure to the sun
Make sure you have realistic expectations about the results and prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for accepting the changes that will happen to your body after the procedure. Compared to traditional liposuction, this minimally invasive procedure provides diverse benefits such as – performed under local anesthesia, less downtime, negligible scarring, reduced complications, minimal swelling and bleeding and faster recovery period. To achieve optimal results from gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, schedule your consultation in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that has surgeons who have extensive experience in performing the procedure.