Today, liposuction in NYC is a great option to get rid of stubborn fat and achieve a thinner, leaner, attractive look. Experienced and skilled NYC plastic surgeons use innovative non-surgical techniques to remove unwanted fat from various areas and reshape and sculpt the body. Body contouring procedures such as performed using these techniques allow you to achieve a well shaped, toned body with little downtime and minimal side effects. Here are some tips that can make your body contouring experience more successful and comfortable:
- Do proper research: It’s important to do your research first so you can make informed decisions. Learn about the body contouring procedures available and changes they can bring about. Research the surgeon as well as the facility. Review previous patients’ experience and ask your surgeon to show you before and after images of patients they have treated.
- Find a plastic surgeon who is experienced in the treatment you want: Choose a plastic surgery practice that has plastic surgeons that are trained and experienced in performing the procedure you want. For instance, if you’re considering high definition laser liposuction in NYC, find a practice that has surgeons with the specific aesthetic skills required for this advanced treatment. The surgeon you choose should be able to explain the benefits as well as risks of the surgery to you. Make sure the surgeon can provide satisfactory replies to all your questions before you start the treatment.
- Ensure the plastic surgery practice is accredited by a recognized national certifying agency: Whether your procedure is performed in a hospital or an outpatient surgery center, make sure that it is accredited by one of the recognized national certifying agencies such as the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Institute for Medical Quality, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organization, State-licensed or Medicare-certified. Such practices would have all of the features necessary for a safe surgical environment in the operating room, an added advantage for more successful treatment.
- Communicate with previous and existing patients: Try to contact previous patients who got the same treatment you are seeking by collecting their information from the clinic or through internet. Discussing their experiences and results will help reduce your anxiety about having a cosmetic procedure.
- Have realistic goals: Body contouring can enhance your physical appearance, but it is very important that you have realistic expectations about the outcome. For example, laser liposuction in New York City can help to fine-tune your curves by removing extra pockets of fat from your body, but it will not help with weight loss. So, you should have realistic goals about what the procedure can help you achieve. Moreover, you cannot expect the same result that a celebrity or your friend has achieved, because the results of a procedure would depend on individual considerations. So be clear about what you would like to change or improve and discuss these goals with your surgeon to understand if your goals are realistic and how you can achieve them.
- Achieve a stable weight: To be a good candidate for liposuction, you need to be close to your ideal weight and maintain this weight. People who follow a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise can expect their body contouring outcomes to last.
- Plan ahead: When you decide to undergo a body contouring procedure, plan ahead and make arrangements for someone to help with your normal routine responsibilities. This will allow you to take rest after the treatment and remain relaxed without worrying about the routine chores.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Develop a healthy lifestyle routine such as eat right and exercise routinely before, during and after your body contouring session. This will promote smooth recovery, long lasting results, and make the treatment more successful. Good health helps reduce risks and supports best results. Quit smoking as nicotine increases risk of complications.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on medications: If you take medications such as herbal supplements, vitamins, and aspirin, these should be stopped prior to the surgery. If you have a medical condition, tell your plastic surgeon. You may not be a good candidate for cosmetic surgery if you have health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or a bleeding disorder.
- Manage stress: It’s important to manage your stress levels because stress can hinder your progress. After making all the necessary preparations, stay relaxed for a smooth and comfortable body contouring experience.
- Exfoliation and massage: Exfoliating or massaging the treatment site before the procedure activates the lymphatic system. As it can promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area, surgeons may advise patients to get a lymphatic massage from a licensed massage therapist during the recovery period.
- Take proper care of treatment area: Keep the treatment site clean to prevent infection.
The decision to undergo plastic surgery is a serious one. Take your time, have realistic expectations, and make an informed decision. For safe treatment and the best results, choose an experienced plastic surgeon if you are considering body contouring procedures like liposuction in New York City. With the necessary guidance and support, a reliable plastic surgeon will help ensure that your surgical experience is a memorable, comfortable one.